When it comes to an event as grand and downright glam as Royal Ascot, you don’t want to be the one turned away for a #fashionfail, so today I will be sharing with you my Style Guide for the perfect race day outfit, including some useful hints and tips.
I love everything about Royal Ascot – the elegant dresses and stylish headwear, it’s the strict fashion rules that make this event the most spectacular of all! It’s such a great opportunity for us ladies to express our femininity and immerse ourselves fully in the beauty of our surroundings.
So if you’re planning to go to the Royal Ascot this year, here are some style guidelines you need to respect.
- Dresses and skirts should be of modest length, falling just above the knee or longer
- Tops and dresses should have straps of one inch or greater
- Jackets and pashminas are permitted but must be worn over dresses and tops to comply with the dress code inside the Royal Enclosure
- Trouser suits are allowed but should be of full length and matching colour and material
- Hats should be worn; but a headpiece which has a base of 4 inches (10cm) or greater in diameter is an acceptable alternative
Debenhams have a beautiful selection of occasion dresses and headpieces which would be absolutely perfect for the races. I opted for this gorgeous Black Bandeau Orchid Print Dress* (with detachable straps) from the exclusive VIP Star collection by Julien MacDonald.
This dress has a very flattering A-line skirt with a bold orchid print, it feels very comfortable and it’s the perfect midi length. It would look great teamed with high sandals and a box clutch for an elegant look.
In my opinion, it’s all about the headpiece! You can wear beautiful elegant dresses or suits at any formal event but hats – that’s something special! That’s what makes Ascot so amazing.
The headpiece I’m wearing is also from Debenhams VIP Star collection by Julien MacDonald, this Orchid Saucer Fascinator* is the perfect piece to finish any special occasion ensemble. In sleek black, the elegant design comprises a saucer-shaped construction with vibrant orchid detailing furnishing the headband for a chic contrast, I absolutely love it!
Are you going to Royal Ascot this year? Tweet or tag me your photos as I’d love to see your outfits 🙂
Thanks so much for reading,